Sunday, January 20, 2013

There is no such thing as inferior with God.


Published December 16, 2012

The whole time I was "growing up" I somehow came to believe that those called to stateside missions were somehow inferior to those called to foreign missions. And those asked to serve a mission in English were somehow inferior to those asked to teach in a foreign language. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that the ultimate way to prove that you were completely capable in the eyes of God was to be called to a foreign, non-English speaking mission. I WAS WRONG!

With all the mission calls being issued in the past few weeks, I see people I know going to Mississippi, Argentina, Georgia, Brazil, Germany, and many, many other places throughout the world. And let me be the one to tell you, those girls (and boys) who are being called to stateside, English-speaking missions are so much better than I am. 

I know that God calls His missionaries to wherever He needs that specific person. There is someone in Brazil who needs to hear the gospel from a tall gringo, with bad portuguese. And there is someone in Mississippi who needs to hear the gospel from a fiery red-head who knows her stuff. Mission calls are absolutely inspired from God.

Also, I thought that I might feel like I might want to go on my mission to another place, other than where I got my mission call to. But I was also wrong about that. I have never, ever been out of the United States (unless you call going to Victoria, Canada out of the states, which I don't), And South America never crossed my mind as a potential mission. I always considered England, or Australia, or Africa. 


Never. Brazil.

But I have had confirmation that there is someone in Brazil who needs me there. And that the Brazil Vitoria Mission is the best mission in the world. And to think I've never even been there. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel when I actually get there!

116 days and counting...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment