Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Car Miracle

I am a firm believer that God has a hand in our every day lives.

On Tuesday I had a doctor's appt with the travel doctor so I could get all of my shots to go to Brazil. I was running late and couldn't find my keys so I decided to take my mom's van because I was going to be late and didn't have time to search for my own keys.

I made it to the appt, got all of my shots, and am now ready for Brazil...

After I got home from the appointment my mom found my keys. They had been right on the front desk the whole time, just barely hidden.

The next time I drove my car, it was to work Wednesday morning. I was driving along just fine until my car jerked. And then when I pressed the gas pedal the engine didn't respond and my car started smoking. I kept pushing the gas pedal, willing my car to make it to a place that I could pull over, preferably closer to where I worked. It just barely made it to the road on which I work. I pulled over, called my dad while in tears (this was the first time something like this had ever happened to me!), and then just left my car and walked the rest of the way to work.

Miracles happen, people.

The timing of this is just incredible. If I had driven to the appointment in my car, it would have broken down who knows where and I would have missed my appointment and might not have been able to go to Brazil in April. My car barely made it to within walking distance of where I worked and I was able to get it to a place where I knew it would be safe to pull over. I was kept safe. And this has happened just weeks before I leave, not months.

I am seriously so grateful for a Heavenly Father who keeps me safe. And who comforts me. And who knows me and what I need.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This is a great experience reminding us how much our Father loves us and how much he wants you on your mission :)

    ReplyDelete